The Spiked Seltzer Craze
Most hard seltzer has only been around for five years, but the category has already gained a loyal following. It’s trending on social media and sales are skyrocketing, proving that spiked seltzer is here to stay.
The beauty of hard seltzer is that it tastes delicious, it doesn’t weigh you down, and it delivers a decent punch (5-7% ABV). When you’re feeling something lighter than a cocktail and half the carbs of a beer, the refreshingly simple answer is hard seltzer.
Clean, crisp and tastefully flavored, spiked seltzer is like boozy La Croix. The production process is actually similar to beer, but seltzer is made from fermented cane sugar instead of malted barley. And because the flavors are derived from natural fruit, hard seltzer is low in calories and often gluten-free. Plus, the reduced sugar content makes it less likely to cause a hangover.
Most seltzers come in cans, so take them to the beach, take them camping, take them wherever adventure awaits. If you’re a Vodka Soda with a splash of cranberry type of person, then you just found your new favorite drink.
5 Must-Try Spiked Seltzers
Following the lead of other brands, Truly has officially made the switch from bottles to cans. This Berry Variety Pack contains three each of Pomegranate, Wild Berry, Blueberry & Acai and Raspberry & Lime. All styles are 5% ABV, gluten free, 100 calories and contain only one gram of sugar.
White Claw is a social sensation and the hit of Summer 2018. This popular variety pack includes four each of Natural Lime, Black Cherry and Ruby Grapefruit. Gluten free, low carb and all-natural, White Claw is widely considered the purest hard seltzer in the world.
A delicious blend of crisp refreshment and bubbly carbonation make Smirnoff the ideal drink for enjoying outdoors or after a long day of work. This variety pack features all your favorite flavors including Raspberry Rose, Watermelon, Cranberry Lime and Orange Mango. Each contains zero sugar, no artificial sweeteners, 90 calories and 4.5% ABV.
- 10 Sparkling Wines for Summertime
- 10 Ways To Celebrate Mother's Day
- The Best Bottles To Bring The Host
- Best Blends Forever
- Be Your Own Wine Critic — Rate Your Favorite 5¢ Wine
- Every Rosé Has Its Day
- How To Win At 5¢ Wine
- Introducing BevMo! Private Collection
- New To The 5¢ Family
- Our Favorite 5¢ Wines For Entertaining
- Priority Wine Pass
- The Rise of Bourbon Barrel-Aged Wine
- The Toast Of The 5¢ Town
- Top Holiday Wine Buys
- Trending Now: Canned Wine
- Valentine’s Day Wines
- The Widow & The Wine
- Holiday Wine Gift Guide
- Introducing Premiere Napa Valley
- 6 Essential Bottles for Every Bar Cart
- Bloody Mary Brunch
- Brunch Cocktails
- Cinco de Mayo Culinary Delights
- Cognac In Mixology
- Creamy & Dreamy
- Comfort Cocktails
- Find Your Favorite Whiskey Flavor
- Harvest Mocktails
- Host A Cocktail Station
- Impress Your Guests
- Leftover Lounge Cocktails
- Liqueur World Tour
- Perfectly Paired Cocktails
- Pumpkin Cocktails
- Red, White & Booze
- Spiked Seltzer
- Tequila from A-Z
- A Toast To Irish Traditions
- Top 5 Harvest Mocktails
- Whiskey 101
- 5 Ways to Make a Mule
Beer & Cider
- The Art of American Craft Beer
- Cheers To Mexican Beer—¡Viva Cerveza!
- Cold Beer For Spring Fever
- Cool Canned Beer for the Pool
- Fall Seasonal Brews
- Great Beer Minus The Gluten
- How To Home Brew Your Favorite Beer
- The Ins & Outs Of Stouts
- Inside The World of Cider
- Pumpkin Cocktail
- Seasonal Brews You'll Fall For
- The Spiked Seltzer Craze
- Summer Survival Guide to Session Beer
- A Tipsy Treat
- What Makes A Winter Brew?