Fall cocktails are all the rage, but don’t forget about the people in your life who can’t imbibe. Anytime you’re hosting a dinner party, it’s considerate to offer a few non-alcoholic alternatives. These delicious drinks are perfect for pregnant women, designated drivers, children and kids at heart.
Autumn offers an irresistible palate of flavors and spices. With so many amazing ingredients to choose from, it’s easy to convert your favorite drinks into mocktails by omitting the base alcohol and substituting it with juice, apple cider, ginger beer or whatever you desire.
Just because alcohol isn’t on the menu doesn’t mean you can’t have a good time. These seasonal sippers will ensure that everyone leaves your house with a smile on their face. And the best part is that you can apply your favorite spirit to these same recipes if you want to booze things up.
Top 5 Harvest Mocktails
1. Blackberry Collins Mocktail (Cocktail: Bourbon Blackberry Collins)The Tom Collins has been one of the world’s most popular drinks for over a century, and we’re giving it a fresh twist with seasonal blackberries.
- 4 blackberries
- ½ oz vanilla extract
- 1 oz sparkling cranberry juice
- ¾ oz fresh lemon juice
- ¾ oz simple syrup
- 2 oz chilled Club Soda
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle 3 blackberries.
- Add ice and the vanilla, cranberry juice, lemon juice and simple syrup and shake well.
- Strain into a chilled, ice filled Copper Mug or Collins glass.
- Stir in the club soda and garnish with the remaining blackberry.
with coarse salt.
- ¾ cup tonic water
- 1-2 drops rose essence
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¾ oz simple syrup
- 1 ½ cups cranberry juice
- ½ cup freshly-squeezed lime juice (equivalent to 1 lime)
- 4-6 basil leaves
- Frozen cranberries for chilling and garnish.
- Margarita salt for rim
- Salt the rim of your cocktail glass by wetting the rim of your glass with a lime wedge and then dipping the rim in a small plate of salt.
- Combine the tonic water, orange juice, Simple Syrup, cranberry juice, lime juice, and basil leaves and mix thoroughly, finishing it with 1-2 drops of rose essence.
- Serve in glass over frozen cranberries for an added holiday touch or just ice for a refreshing twist on a margarita.
3. Light & Stormy Mocktail (Cocktail: Dark & Stormy)The classic Dark & Stormy is usually made with dark rum, but we have a few tricks up our sleeve for making it appropriate for all-ages. Enjoy the perfect balance between sweet and sour in this simple yet sophisticated mocktail.
4. Kissed Caramel Appletini Mocktail (Cocktail: Kissed Caramel Appletini)Autumn just got a whole lot more delicious with our family friendly rendition of an appletini. Treat yourself and satisfy your sweet tooth today!
- 2 oz apple cider
- 1 ½ oz apple juice
- ¼ oz lemon juice
- ½ oz caramel sauce (¼ for drink, ¼ for garnish)
- 1 thin apple slice
- Chill a martini glass, dip the rim into caramel sauce and freeze the glass again.
- Add contents to shaker with ice.
- Shake well and strain into chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with thin apple slice.
5. Pumpkin Spice White Russian Mocktail (Cocktail: Pumpkin Spice White Russian)Let’s face it, the dude from Big Lebowski probably wouldn’t touch a White Russian without vodka, but for everyone else, this tasty recipe is an attractive alternative.
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 oz heavy cream
- 1 oz coffee syrup
- 2 oz coconut milk
- Pour coconut milk, coffee syrup, pumpkin pie spice, and heavy cream into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake vigorously, and strain into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- Top with whipped cream and finish with a drizzle of chocolate syrup.
Put your own twist on classic cocktail recipes by swapping out the booze:
Vodka → Tonic Water – Add a splash of effervescence and depth to your mocktail with some soda water.
Whiskey → Juice – For fruit-based recipes, use 4 parts juice and 1 part vanilla extract. Or try 3 parts peach nectar and 1 part apple cider vinegar.
Gin → Juniper Syrup – Combine lemon, juniper berries, black tea, sugar & water into a botanical syrup.
Tequila → Rose Essence – Enjoy the floral taste of tequila without all the bite, adding a dash of honey and cinnamon for an extra kick.