4th of July is one of the biggest celebrations of the year, and we’re pulling out all the stops with 8 Great American Spirits for Summertime, featuring premium brands and must-try small batch releases.
Let’s get patriotic with our star-spangled selection of vodka, gin, rum and whiskey, all of which are proudly made in America. We’re highlighting customer favorites along with unique and exclusive releases from the BevMo! Private Collection.
No matter what you’re doing for Independence Day, enjoy these premium sips and seasonal cocktail recipes. Let’s keep the party going all summer long!
1. Tito’s Handmade Vodka – Austin, Texas
Made from corn in old-fashioned pot stills at Texas’ oldest legal distillery, Tito’s has been one of America’s most recognizable vodkas since 1995. Naturally gluten-free and exceptionally smooth, this clean tasting vodka is perfect in mixed drinks or on the rocks with a little lime.
2. Hangar One Straight Vodka – Alameda, California
Distilled from Viognier grapes and Midwestern grains, this well-balanced handcrafted vodka is fresh, tropical and slightly floral on the nose, finishing with a light perfume of honeysuckle and a substantive aftertaste.
- 2 oz Hangar 1 Straight Vodka
- 4 oz Ginger Ale
- 2 oz Cranberry Juice
- 2 oz Orange Juice
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- Fresh mint and sugared cranberries for garnish
Combine ingredients in a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake and pour into an ice filled glass. Garnish with sugared cranberries and mint sprig.
3. St. George Terroir Gin – Alameda, California
An ode to the beauty of the Golden State, this profoundly aromatic gin is earthy and woodsy, incorporating Douglas fir, California bay laurel, coastal sage and over evocative botanicals. Try it with some fresh blueberries or raspberries on ice for a refreshing delight.
4. New Amsterdam Gin – Modesto, California
Light and fruity with a slight sweetness, this premium gin is crafted with botanicals, citrus and a nod to juniper. A modern take on a 400-year tradition, the smooth finish allows you to drink it straight or in a classic cocktail. Awarded a Double Gold Medal at the 2010 San Francisco Spirits Competition.
- 2 cups of New Amsterdam Gin
- 4 cups of watermelon juice
- 10 sprigs of muddled mint
- 1 cup of lemon juice
- 1 cup of simple syrup
Purée the watermelon in a blender, pass through a strainer and chill. Put the lemon juice, simple syrup and mashed mint in a pitcher or punch bowl. Add 4 cups of ice and stir in the watermelon juice and gin.
5. Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum – U.S. Virgin Islands
Despite having a sweet caramel fragrance that resembles root beer, this mahogany magic is quite brawny and dry. Blended with the finest rums from the Caribbean and Sailor Jerry’s unmatched recipe of natural spices, look for the bitter cocoa up front with notes of cinnamon. It’s 92 proof and old school to the core!
6. Cutwater Three Sheets Rum – San Diego, California
Crafted from pure cane sugar instead of molasses, this smooth silver rum is distilled in a hybrid pot-and-column still. Ideal for enjoying straight or in an ice-cold cocktail—on land or by sea. Awarded a Silver Medal at the 2017 Los Angeles Spirits Competition.
- 2 cups of Cutwater Three Sheets Rum
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 3 cups of mango juice
- 2 oz pineapple juice
- Garnish with sliced pineapple & lime
Combine all the ingredients into a jug, blend well and chill. Serve over ice and finish with a skewer of pineapple and lime.
7. Cooper’s Mark Small Batch Bourbon – Princeton, Minnesota This medium-bodied bourbon is available exclusively as part of the BevMo! Private Collection. Enjoy the pale amber color and aromas of nut brittle, nougat, caramel and dried fruit. Flavors of grain cereal and anise with notes of spice lead into a full zesty finish.
8. Woodford Reserve – Versailles, Kentucky
The art of making bourbon originated on the site of the Woodford Reserve Distillery in 1812. The perfectly balanced taste is comprised of more than 200 detectable flavor notes—from bold grain and wood, to sweet aromatics, spice, and fruity & floral notes. Awarded a Double Gold Medal at the 2013 San Francisco Spirits Competition.
- 4 blackberries
- 1 ½ oz Woodford Reserve Bourbon
- ¾ oz fresh lemon juice
- ¾ oz simple syrup
- 2 oz chilled
In a cocktail shaker, muddle 3 blackberries. Add ice and the bourbon, lemon juice and simple syrup and shake well. Strain into a chilled, ice filled collins glass. Stir in the club soda and garnish with the remaining blackberry.