The Best Bottles To Bring The Host
Don’t show up empty-handed to your next holiday party. Our sommelier-approved selection of fine wine includes limited edition releases, award-winning varieties, customer favorites and exclusive offerings.
No matter what’s on the menu or where you’re celebrating the holidays, we have the perfect wine for any occasion. Choose from hundreds of the world’s finest varietals and blends. And if you’re still having trouble deciding, our BevMologists are available to offer suggestions and pairing tips. Just ask!
Here are 10 of our favorite bottles that are sure to impress any guest:
- Rombauer Chardonnay – The very definition of fine California Chardonnay, enjoy intense fruit flavors of peach and pineapple balanced by fresh acidity. Enticing aromas of vanilla, melon and mango are complemented by layers of subtle minerality. Enjoy the creamy, rich palate followed by a smooth, long finish.
Pairs well with salmon, chicken and salad.
- Hahn SLH Pinot Noir – Well-focused and persistent, this graceful varietal boasts a medium to full body with spicy floral flavors of wilted rose and raspberry. The balanced frame and supple fruity layers allow for flexible food pairings. Awarded 90 Points by Wine Spectator—2015 Vintage only.
Pairs well with mushroom risotto and grilled lamb chops.
- Silverado Napa Cabernet Sauvignon – This full-bodied varietal features a solid structure and velvety texture. Get lured in by aromas of black cherry, leading into polished flavors of ripe plum complemented by firm tannins. The finish is medium to long with hints of licorice.
Pairs well with pasta, potato gratin and rice dishes.
- Roederer Estate Brut – Bright, acidic and ripe, this rich sparkling wine is packed with spicy cinnamon notes. Indulge in bold aromas of apple and hazelnut with layered pear, crème brulee and baked apple flavors that linger on the finish. Awarded 91 Points by Wine Spectator.
Pairs well with chicken, fish and turkey.
- Frank Family Chardonnay – This classic Napa style varietal is more food friendly than typical buttery Chardonnays. Tart flavors of ripe apple and pear are balanced out by hints of butterscotch. Full bodied and balanced on the palate, this crowd pleaser features a long and slightly sweet finish.
Pairs well with seafood, veal and brie cheese.
- Mirabelle Brut Rosé – A wonderfully complex rosé by Schramsberg, this sparkling sensation isn’t messing around. Mirabelle showcases a delicate pink color and alluring spicy aromas. Savor the crisp acids, medium-bodied freshness and zesty flavors of strawberry and currant.
Pairs well with grilled shrimp, roasted pork loin and salad.
- Belle Glos Clark & Telephone Pinot Noir – Delicious from the first sip, this ruby red wine impresses with a luxurious display of refined tannins and firm acidity. The explosive layers of ripe fruits and gingerbread offer a taste of the holidays. The long finish is equally rewarding with hints of toffee. Awarded 92 Points by Wine Enthusiast.
Pairs well with duck, chicken and vegetarian dishes.
- Schramsberg Blanc de Blanc – Perfect as an aperitif or paired with your favorite seafood dish, this exquisite sparkling wine features fresh aromas of green apple, juicy pineapple and ripe grapefruit. The fruity nose flows seamlessly into nuanced flavors of fresh-baked brioche and lemon zest on the palate.
Pairs well with fish, crab cakes or lemon chicken.
- Daou Paso Robles Cabernet Sauvignon – Considered one of Paso Robles' finest wines, this full-bodied varietal is ripe on the palate with creamy coffee flavors. Balanced, intense and amazingly long lasting, enjoy the well-integrated tannins, bright acidity and saturated finish.
Pairs well with venison, beef and rack of lamb.
- Taittinger Brut La Francaise Champagne – A blend from 30 Chardonnay and Pinot Noir vineyards, this stunning Champagne features a pale gold color with fine bubbles. Experience delicate flavors of fresh fruit, honey and minerals with toasty accents on the palate. A must-have for any celebration!
Pairs well with bruschetta, oysters and short ribs.
- Best Blends Forever
- Trending Now: Canned Wine
- Every Rosé Has Its Day
- Our Favorite 5¢ Wines For Entertaining
- The Best Bottles To Bring The Host
- The Rise of Bourbon Barrel-Aged Wine
- The Widow & The Wine
- Valentine’s Day Wines
- Cognac In Mixology
- Family Friendly Mocktails
- Liqueur World Tour
- Tequila from A-Z
- Whiskey 101
- The Whiskey Five
- Impress Your Guests
- Creamy & Dreamy
- Bloody Mary Brunch
Beer & Cider
- The Art of American Craft Beer
- Seasonal Brews You'll Fall For
- The Ins & Outs Of Stouts
- Inside The World of Cider
- What Makes A Winter Brew?
- A Tipsy Treat