Patriotic Jello Shot
- 3 envelopes unflavored gelatin (about 3 tablespoons)
- ¾ cup cold water
- 1 ½ cups hot water
- ¾ cups sugar
- ¾ cups white or silver rum
- Red: 3 tablespoons of grenadine
- White: 2 tablespoons of cream of coconut
- Blue: 2 tablespoons of blue curacao
- 1. Pour the gelatin powder into a medium mixing bowl. Add the cold water and stir to combine. Allow to sit for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the gelatin has absorbed the water.
- 2. Whisk in the hot water until the gelatin is dissolved. Whisk in the sugar until it is dissolved. Add the rum and stir to combine.
- 3. Divide the Jello base evenly into 3 separate bowls (a little over 1 cup of liquid per bowl).
- 4. To the first bowl, add the grenadine and stir to combine.
- 5. To the second bowl, add the cream of coconut and stir to combine.
- 6. To the third bowl, add the blue curaçao and stir to combine.
- 7. Pour 1½ tablespoons of the red jello mixture into the bottom of 18 2-ounce silicone molds. Refrigerate the jello for 30 minutes, or until the jello has started to set and the surface is firm.
- 8. Remove the jello from the fridge, and pour 1½ tablespoons of the white jello into each mold. Return the jello shots to the fridge and let set for 20 minutes.
- 9. Remove the shots from the fridge, and pour in 1½ tablespoons of the blue jello into each mold. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour to make sure the jello is completely set.
- 10. Cover the mold with plastic wrap (or the cover it came with) and keep the jello shots refrigerated until ready to serve.
- 11. If using a mold, place the bottom of the mold in very warm water for 10 to 20 seconds to loosen the jello from the mold. The jello should easy slide out of the mold on its own or with a little bit of a push once inverted. Serve with the red jello on top.