Boozy Strawberry Lemonade Slushies
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water + 2 cups water
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulls removed
- ¾ cup fresh-squeezed lemon juice (from 6-8 large lemons)
- ¾ cup vodka
- ⅓ cup Cointreau Liqueur
- Additional strawberries and lemon slices for garnish, if desired
- 1. Add sugar and 1 cup water to a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat and add remaining 2 cups water. Add to the pitcher of a blender along with strawberries, lemon juice, vodka, and Cointreau. Puree until completely smooth.
- 2. Pour into a large freezer-safe container and seal with lid or plastic wrap. Carefully transfer to freezer. Freeze until solid, 4-6 hours.
- 3. Remove from freezer. Scrape with a fork to loosen ice; stir with a spoon to mix ice and the rest of the ingredients back together if necessary. Spoon into glasses, decorate the glass with a strawberry and a lemon slice if desired.