Looking for a super simple drink to offer around the bonfire or at your Halloween party this year? BevMo’s got it for you right here. It’s called Angry Balls. Go ahead, have a giggle. We’ll wait. Now that we’ve got our grown up faces back on, let’s talk about this simple little mixed drink. We love it for a ton of reasons. And yes, one is the playful name that will also serve as an icebreaker at any party. We also love it because it is so simple to make. Only two ingredients. Check it out:
- Pour ingredients in an old-fashioned glass over ice.
- Stir gently.
- We can read your mind. You’re already thinking, “How can I make this even simpler, and just spike my bottle of Angry Orchard?” We’re on it. This becomes a simple punch bowl spiked drink in a hurry. Just add four to five shots of Fireball for every 1 bottle of Angry Orchard that you want to mix into a pitcher or punch bowl. We love Angry Orchard, but there are plenty of ciders out there to try! If you’re new to the world of hard cider, find your favorite here!
- Now that we’ve got that of the way, let’s talk about why this drink is great flavor-wise. Apple cider is a fall classic on it’s own, and folks have been dressing it up with whiskey or rum for decades. Adult cider gets easier and has a bit more of a kick when you start with pre-made alcoholic cider. It allows you more control over the finished taste of your drink, and that’s great when you’re mixing for a party.
- Finally, we love pairing spicy whiskey, which warms you from within, with a cider. Hot apple is a flavor that many enjoy outside of their party beverages, so it’s a profile that many will enjoy. It kind of tastes familiar and nostalgic, even if you’ve never had it before. The drink is sweet, spicy, and downright fun.
- Having a dish of RedHot candies on the side is the perfect compliment.