- 10 large mint leaves, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 oz White Rum
- 1 tablespoon Lime Juice
- Soda water
- Lime Wedge to garnish
- Make the mint paste: Place the mint, sugar, and 1/2 ounce of the rum into the bottom of a glass and muddle, and grind slowly until it turns into a paste.
- Add the rest of the rum and allow it to steep for about 5 minutes.
- Strain the rum and mint paste.
- Fill a glass with ice. Set a small mesh strainer over the glass and strain the mint mixture. Use a spoon to press out every last drop of rum from the paste.
- Finish the cocktail. Add the lime juice and top with soda water. Stir together and garnish with a lime wheel or a sprig of mint if you’re feeling extra fancy.