Family Friendly Mocktails
Family Friendly Mocktails
Anytime you’re hosting a family gathering, it’s wise to offer non-alcoholic alternatives to make the whole party feel welcomed.
No matter how you like to celebrate, everyone wants to be part of the fun. A good host should always plan ahead with alcohol-free options for children, non-drinkers and designated drivers. We suggest offering a few mocktails to include all your guests in the festivities.
Put your own twist on classic cocktail recipes by swapping out the booze:
Vodka → Tonic Water– Add a splash of effervescence and depth to your mocktail with some soda water.
Rum → Vanilla Extract– Mixing 1 part vanilla extract with 2 parts water can simulate the flavors of rum.
Whiskey → Juice– For fruit-based recipes, use 4 parts juice and 1 part vanilla extract. Or try 3 parts peach nectar and 1 part apple cider vinegar.
Gin → Juniper Syrup– Combine lemon, juniper berries, black tea, sugar & water into a botanical syrup.
Tequila → Rose Essence– Enjoy the floral taste of tequila without all the bite, adding a dash of honey and cinnamon for an extra kick.
Feeling inspired? Channel your inner mixologist with these family friendly recipes:
Top Winter Mocktails
- Apple Cider Moscow Mule
- 4 oz. apple cider
- 1 bottle of ginger beer
- Cinnamon sticks and apple slices for garnish
Fill copper mugs with copper mugs with crushed ice. Fill mug with halfway with apple cider, top with ginger beer until full. Garnish & enjoy!
- Grapefruit and Rosemary Mocktail
- ¼ cup homemade rosemary simple syrup *see instructions below
- 4 c. sparkling water
- 2 c. fresh pink grapefruit juice
For the rosemary simple syrup: in small sauce pan add 1 c. water and 1 c. sugar over medium heat. Cook until sugar is dissolved—about 5 minutes. Pour mixture into heat-safe container. Add 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary. Let steep for at least 1 hour. For mocktail: In glass add ½ c. grapefruit juice, 1 Tb. rosemary simple syrup, and stir. Top with sparkling water until glass is full. Garnish with rosemary sprigs and serve chilled.
- Cranberry Clementine Mocktail Mimosa
- 12 oz. of clementine juice
- 2 Tbs. of fresh cranberries
- 6 oz. flavored sparkling water—cranberry suggested
Pour clementine juice into glass until halfway full. Top with flavored sparkling water. Garnish with cranberries & enjoy!
- Sparkling Apple Sangria Mocktail
- 4 c. apple juice
- 1 ½ c. lime juice
- ¼ c. grenadine
- 16 oz. club soda
- Fresh apples, limes, and cranberries for garnish
Pour ingredients into pitcher. Add in fresh fruit. Stir. Serve chilled.
- Cherry Christmas – This take on a classic cherry bomb is reminiscent of a Shirley Temple with a seasonal slant.
- 1 cup grenadine
- 1 liter lemon-lime soda
- 10 maraschino cherries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
In a mixing glass, combine grenadine with soda and pour into chilled glasses. Add maraschino cherries and cinnamon, and stir well before serving.
- Apple Strudel Cider – Apple cider is already a holiday classic, but we’re heating things up by adding a little spice.
- 1 ½ quarts apple cider
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 7 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- ½ tsp fresh grated nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
In a saucepan, whisk together the cider, sugar, spices and salt. Simmer over medium-low heat, and stain into a pitcher. Serve in copper mugs garnished with cinnamon sticks.
- Peppermint Cocoa – There’s nothing more comforting than a cup of hot chocolate, especially when it’s served with candy canes!
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 quart milk
- ½ cup chocolate chips, preferably semi-sweet
- 6 peppermint sticks
Place cocoa in a saucepan, and whisk with milk until smooth. Add chocolate chips and 3 crushed peppermint sticks, and let it simmer over medium heat with occasional stirring. Wait about 10 minutes until chocolate and peppermint have dissolved.
Bring everything to a boil and then immediately remove. If desired, add a pinch of salt to cut the sweetness. Garnish each mug with peppermint sticks—serves 3-4 people.
- 10 Sparkling Wines for Summertime
- 10 Ways To Celebrate Mother's Day
- The Best Bottles To Bring The Host
- Best Blends Forever
- Be Your Own Wine Critic — Rate Your Favorite 5¢ Wine
- Every Rosé Has Its Day
- How To Win At 5¢ Wine
- Introducing BevMo! Private Collection
- New To The 5¢ Family
- Our Favorite 5¢ Wines For Entertaining
- Priority Wine Pass
- The Rise of Bourbon Barrel-Aged Wine
- The Toast Of The 5¢ Town
- Top Holiday Wine Buys
- Trending Now: Canned Wine
- Valentine’s Day Wines
- The Widow & The Wine
- 6 Essential Bottles for Every Bar Cart
- Bloody Mary Brunch
- Brunch Cocktails
- Cinco de Mayo Culinary Delights
- Cognac In Mixology
- Creamy & Dreamy
- Fall Comfort Cocktails
- Find Your Favorite Whiskey Flavor
- Harvest Mocktails
- Host A Cocktail Station
- Impress Your Guests
- Leftover Lounge Cocktails
- Liqueur World Tour
- Perfectly Paired Cocktails
- Pumpkin Cocktails
- Red, White & Booze
- Spiked Seltzer
- Tequila from A-Z
- A Toast To Irish Traditions
- Top 5 Harvest Mocktails
- Whiskey 101
Beer & Cider
- The Art of American Craft Beer
- Cheers To Mexican Beer—¡Viva Cerveza!
- Cold Beer For Spring Fever
- Cool Canned Beer for the Pool
- Fall Seasonal Brews
- Great Beer Minus The Gluten
- How To Home Brew Your Favorite Beer
- The Ins & Outs Of Stouts
- Inside The World of Cider
- Pumpkin Cocktail
- Seasonal Brews You'll Fall For
- The Spiked Seltzer Craze
- Summer Survival Guide to Session Beer
- A Tipsy Treat
- What Makes A Winter Brew?