Fall Comfort Cocktails
Autumn is the time we all turn to comfort food. It’s warm, reviving and delightfully nostalgic. Why shouldn’t our drinks be equally soothing? These five fall cocktails will keep you satisfied all season long.
There’s something about fall that makes you want to wrap up in your softest blanket and sip on something warm. Nothing does the trick like spiked coffee, tea, cocoa or cider. We’re putting our twist on your favorite traditional fall drinks.
These recipes are mouthwatering, but there’s nothing worse than a lukewarm drink that’s meant to be piping hot. Here’s a tip: pre-heat your glass! The easiest way is to microwave a water-filled mug for 30 seconds. You can also pour boiling water into the glass while you’re preparing the drink. Or if you’re really crunched for time and resources, you can just run hot water directly over the mug.
Grab a chair and a good book—it’s time to get comfy.
5 Comfort Cocktails You’ll Fall For
The sweet creaminess of Baileys finds its perfect match in vanilla vodka and warm chai tea.
This fall classic is perfect when you’re feeling under the weather or looking to complement a rich dessert.
Get cozy with this caffeinated crowd favorite that’s been a go-to for generations.
- 1 ½ oz Irish whiskey
- 1 cup fresh brewed coffee
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Heavy cream, slightly whipped
- Fill footed mug or a mug with hot water to preheat it, then empty.
- Pour contents into a Collins glass and stir.
- Add the brown sugar and stir until completely dissolved.
- Blend in Irish whiskey.
- Top with the whipped heavy cream by pouring gently over the back of a spoon.
- Serve hot!
Who doesn’t love hot cocoa on a cold day? Now imagine it with chocolate stout and two scoops of vanilla ice cream.
- 12 oz chocolate stout beer
- 2 cups whole milk
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 large scoops vanilla ice cream
- Bring the chocolate stout to a simmer in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the stout for about 10-15 minutes, or until it's reduced to about 3/4 of a cup. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- In a separate sauce pan, warm the milk over medium heat, but don’t bring it to a boil. Add the cocoa powder, chocolate and sugar, whisking thoroughly until the mixture is smooth. Whisk in the reduced beer. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Divide the ice cream between two mugs. Pour the stout hot chocolate over the ice cream. Serve immediately.
We took our favorite fall flavors and combined them into an invigorating seasonal cocktail.
- 4 cups apple cider
- 2 oz Rum
- 4 cups water (divided in half)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon allspice
- 3-4 sticks of cinnamon
- 1 large can pineapple juice
- 2 cans jellied cranberry sauce
- In a large pot, simmer brown sugar and 2 cups water.
- Place spices in a bag or place in pot.
- Simmer for 10 minutes then bring to boil.
- Add pineapple juice.
- Blend cranberry sauce into 2 cups of water and add to mixture.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- If you don't add the spices to a bag, you will need to strain the liquid.
- Add apple cider just before serving.
- Serve with fresh whipping cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- 10 Sparkling Wines for Summertime
- 10 Ways To Celebrate Mother's Day
- The Best Bottles To Bring The Host
- Best Blends Forever
- Be Your Own Wine Critic — Rate Your Favorite 5¢ Wine
- Every Rosé Has Its Day
- How To Win At 5¢ Wine
- Introducing BevMo! Private Collection
- New To The 5¢ Family
- Our Favorite 5¢ Wines For Entertaining
- Priority Wine Pass
- The Rise of Bourbon Barrel-Aged Wine
- The Toast Of The 5¢ Town
- Top Holiday Wine Buys
- Trending Now: Canned Wine
- Valentine’s Day Wines
- The Widow & The Wine
- 6 Essential Bottles for Every Bar Cart
- Bloody Mary Brunch
- Brunch Cocktails
- Cinco de Mayo Culinary Delights
- Cognac In Mixology
- Creamy & Dreamy
- Fall Comfort Cocktails
- Find Your Favorite Whiskey Flavor
- Harvest Mocktails
- Host A Cocktail Station
- Impress Your Guests
- Leftover Lounge Cocktails
- Liqueur World Tour
- Perfectly Paired Cocktails
- Pumpkin Cocktails
- Red, White & Booze
- Spiked Seltzer
- Tequila from A-Z
- A Toast To Irish Traditions
- Top 5 Harvest Mocktails
- Whiskey 101
Beer & Cider
- The Art of American Craft Beer
- Cheers To Mexican Beer—¡Viva Cerveza!
- Cold Beer For Spring Fever
- Cool Canned Beer for the Pool
- Fall Seasonal Brews
- Great Beer Minus The Gluten
- How To Home Brew Your Favorite Beer
- The Ins & Outs Of Stouts
- Inside The World of Cider
- Pumpkin Cocktail
- Seasonal Brews You'll Fall For
- The Spiked Seltzer Craze
- Summer Survival Guide to Session Beer
- A Tipsy Treat
- What Makes A Winter Brew?