Let’s Drink To Beer Desserts
Why decide between beer and dessert? Combine two of your greatest passions with these hoppy cocktails.
’Tis the season to indulge, and we can’t think of anything more mouthwatering than afterdinner drinks featuring our favorite winter brews. Cheers to beer desserts!
Pairing the right beer with the right cocktail recipe can add flavor, carbonation and character—in the same way that sparkling wine or ginger ale imparts effervescence to many mixed drinks. Stouts fit the bill particularly well due to their creamy texture, smooth taste and dark dryness.
Whether you’re looking for something sweet, refreshing or indulgent, we have the perfect beer dessert for you.
Treat yourself or your guests to our Top 5 beer cocktails:
Chocolate Guinness Float
We took the world’s top selling stout, and made it even more appetizing with the addition of ice cream and chocolatey goodness. If you’re a fan of Guinness and root beer floats, then you’ve just found your new favorite dessert.
- 1 cold Guinness
- 4 scoops chocolate or vanilla ice cream
- 2 Tbsp chocolate extract
- 2 Tbsp chocolate syrup
Add two scoops of ice cream to two pint glasses, adding 1 tablespoon of chocolate extract and syrup to each. Pour half of a Guinness beer into both glasses, stirring occasionally.
Raspberry Chocolate Beer Cocktail
Everyone knows that raspberry and chocolate are an amazing combo, and this luxurious beer cocktail is no exception. Enjoy the smooth taste of chocolate stout with a touch of raspberry liqueur and cream for a deliciously decadent treat.
- 1 bottle Sam Smith Chocolate Stout
- 2 oz Chambord
- Heavy whipping cream
- Chocolate shavings & raspberries for garnish
Pour half of stout into two separate glasses, and add 1 ounce of Chambord to each glass. Top with heavy whipping cream and stir to mix. Garnish with chocolate shavings and raspberries.
Chocolate Pudding Stout
Just when you thought the holidays couldn’t get any sweeter, we blended chocolate stout beer with chocolate pudding mix and heavy cream for the ultimate dessert brew. Serve in our dark chocolate cordial cups for an extra special treat!
Or if you’re craving something similar without any prep time, try our Twisted Shotz featuring whipped cream vodka and chocolate cream liqueur.
- 1 packet of chocolate pudding mix
- ¾ cups of Rogue Chocolate Stout
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 3 Tbsp stout
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
Make chocolate pudding per packet instructions, replacing ½ of the
recommended milk amount with stout. Mix until fully combined.
Add the whipping cream and powdered sugar to a stand mixer. Beat on high until soft peaks form. While mixer is running, add the stout and vanilla, beating until soft peaks return.
Top the pudding with the whipped cream prior to serving.
A tipsy take on classic tiramisu flavors, this crafty beer cocktail is sweet, rich and unbelievably delicious. It’s the perfect way to end a holiday feast or a hard day at work. Because what’s more satisfying than drinking your dessert?
- ½ cup North Coast Old Rasputin Stout
- ¼ cup mascarpone, softened
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 9 Ladyfingers
- Cocoa to garnish
Combine the mascarpone and sugar in a bowl, and stir to dissolve.
Beat the whipping cream in a mixer until stiff peaks form (after 23 minutes). Fold the whipped cream into the mascarpone mixture.
In another shallow bowl, pour in the beer, and place the Ladyfingers in without letting them get soggy.
In the bottom of 4 dessert cups, layer the stout, Ladyfingers, then the mascarpone mixture, and dust lightly with cocoa. Continue until glasses are full.
- 10 Ways To Celebrate Mother's Day
- Best Blends Forever
- Be Your Own Wine Critic — Rate Your Favorite 5¢ Wine
- Every Rosé Has Its Day
- How To Win At 5¢ Wine
- Introducing BevMo! Private Collection
- New To The 5¢ Family
- Our Favorite 5¢ Wines For Entertaining
- The Best Bottles To Bring The Host
- The Rise of Bourbon Barrel-Aged Wine
- 10 Sparkling Wines for Summertime
- The Toast Of The 5¢ Town
- The Widow & The Wine
- Trending Now: Canned Wine
- Valentine’s Day Wines
- A Toast To Irish Traditions
- Bloody Mary Brunch
- Brunch Cocktails
- Cinco de Mayo Culinary Delights
- Cognac In Mixology
- Creamy & Dreamy
- Host A Cocktail Station For Cinco
- Impress Your Guests
- Liqueur World Tour
- Perfectly Paired Cocktails
- Red, White & Booze
- Tequila from A-Z
- The Whiskey Five
- Whiskey 101
Beer & Cider
- A Tipsy Treat
- Cold Beer For Spring Fever
- Cool Canned Beer for the Pool
- Cheers To Mexican Beer—¡Viva Cerveza!
- Great Beer Minus The Gluten
- Inside The World of Cider
- Seasonal Brews You'll Fall For
- The Art of American Craft Beer
- The Ins & Outs Of Stouts
- What Makes A Winter Brew?
- How To Home Brew Your Favorite Beer
- Summer Survival Guide to Session Beer